Just Like Dad


==========
July 1st, 2020
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Off Camera
==========

A devilish grin happens to be featured upon the lovely face of “The Most Valuable Powers” Aubrianna Powers.  While her debut in Supreme Championship Wrestling hasn’t exactly gone as expected, she has still managed to at least make a potential ally...or at least someone she can con into being an ally...something like that...and that person’s name is “The All Star” Gavin Taylor.

To say that Gavin Taylor is full of himself, arrogant, and egomaniacal would be an understatement.  The always humble Aubrianna Powers hates arrogance and cockiness from men like Gavin.  They remind her too much of her oldest brother, the self-proclaimed “Very Best” Steve Powers.  The idiot even has a stupid cheesy grin that goes along with that phrase!  Get real!  Gavin hypes himself just as much as Steve Powers does and that alone is a big sin.  A grave sin in the eyes of Aubrianna Powers.

Though if the truth were told, The MVP is quite arrogant herself.  Getting her to admit it, however, is an impossible task.  The pink tipped blonde haired beauty has convinced herself that her shit doesn’t stink but the rest of the world?  Oh yeah, they stink.  In some cases they literally smell bad.  Have you ever been around Jake Starr?  Aubrianna, unfortunately, has been around him.  She has been around him several times lately as he has involved himself in her affairs, primarily trying to ruin her debut in SCW.

Oh and Gavin lost a US Title Tournament thingy...something like that...either way, Aubrianna and her sidekick Gavin Taylor will definitely have their revenge.  They will get their payback and make Jake Starr and his bitch boy Jay Gold pay on the next Breakdown.  And it is for this reason why little miss Powers seems to be in such bright spirits on this night as Breakdown comes to a conclusion.  Devious thoughts of what she and Gavin plan to do to Starr and Gold are running rampant throughout her lovely head.

Powers is dressed in denim jeans, black sneakers, and a black t-shirt with the words “MVP” etched across in hot pink lettering with the phrase “Learn To Love It, Bitches” etched underneath “MVP” also in hot pink lettering.  The MVP is carrying with her a gym bag containing her ring gear.  The plan is to make it to the parking lot and get in the rental, make her way back to the hotel, and prepare for travel.  At least, that’s the plan.  Powers is just about to the parking deck when she hears something that ruins her current plans.  This particular plan and all of Aubrey’s evil inner thoughts are interrupted with the sound of a familiar voice calling out to her…

“Aubrey!  Stop!”

Is that her conscience?  No.  Some would question whether or not she even has a conscience.  But no, this isn’t some voice in her head.  The pink tipped blonde haired beauty spins around to spot standing there, looking as professional as can be in a pantsuit, is none other than her agent, Aurora Alan.

“My name is Aubrianna!” Powers says while rolling her eyes in such a way that one might hear them rolling.  Aubrianna hates the shortened version of her name, “Aubrey”, hence there are very few individuals who manage to get close enough to her that she allows them to get away with calling her Aubrey.  Even her own brother rarely can get away with it and he’s family.  You may expect Aurora Alan, who is in a position where she is working hand in hand with Aubrianna and helping with her professional career, would be granted that...um…”privilege”...but alas not even Aurora has that right.

Powers marches over towards her agent, who stands by the exit.  The MVP drops her gym bag and then places her hands on her hips.  A frustrated sigh escapes her lips. “What do you want?  Can’t you see that I’m trying to leave this dump?”

“The Canadian Tire Centre isn’t a dump.  It is a fine arena.”

“No…you don’t get it…” Powers shakes her head “...when I say dump I mean Canada.”

Now it’s Aurora’s turn to roll her eyes. “Says the woman who wanted to wrestle in a company headquartered in Canada.”

“Yes but even Sasha recognizes that the place is a dump.  Why else would they travel all over the world?”

“To make money.”

“Pfft…” Powers scoffs.  

“Aubrey, you need to learn a little something we call tact, especially when in the presence of your Canadian fans.”

“My Canadian fans will love me no matter what I say.” Powers says, sticking her tongue out at Aurora. “Now did you come here to lecture me about the greatness that is Canada or did you have a legitimate reason to bother me?  Because I really would like to get back to the hotel and have sex with my husband.”

Aurora Alan feels like a parent trying to control an immature child.  She shakes her head. “I’ll let you to that soon enough.  For now I want to touch base with you regarding your time in Supreme Championship Wrestling thus far.”

“Wait, you came all the way up to Maple Syrup Land to talk to me about my SCW business?” Powers asks, furrowing her brow in confusion.

“Aubrey, you…”

“Aubrianna!” Powers exclaims, stomping her foot like an insolent child.

“Fine.  Aubrianna, you are my client and it is in my best interest as well as yours that you succeed.  So wherever you go, I go.”

“Oh how sweet!” Aubrianna beams from ear to ear. “Kinda stalkerish but still sweet!”

“I’m not stalking you.  As your agent I want to make sure you do the best you can.”

“And you’re here to praise me on the great job I’ve done in SCW?”

“Not exactly…” Aurora shakes her head, her voice trails off.

“Oh come on now!” Aubrey remarks in a scoffing, sarcastic tone of voice directed towards her agent.  “What else could there to be talk about?  My debut has been spectacular!  I’d dare it has been The Most Valuable Debut!”

“Before you get your head in the clouds too much, allow me to remind you that you did not last very long in the Taking Hold of the Flame Battle Royal.”

“Buuuuuuuut let me remind YOU that I eliminated Jack Hudson and Fourteen.”

“Josh Hudson and Thirteen.”

“Yeah, I eliminated them too!  Four total!”

Aurora rolls her eyes. “And then in your attempted ‘redebut’ as you called it…”

“Yeah, the night I kicked Scarlet Gray’s ass!”

“The night you both got counted out.  It was a draw, Aubrey.”

“Aubrianna!” Powers corrects her. “And I WAS kicking her ass and I would have won had John Starr not interfered in my business!”

“Jake Starr.”

“Him too!  What is with these people and their extra R’s anyway?  What gives him the right to have TWO R’s in his last name?!  Is he some kinda pirate?!”

“That’s beside the point, Ms. Powers.  The point is you haven’t been delivering on your “MVP” of a debut.  And now you’re attempting to forge an alliance with Gavin Taylor.” Aurora shakes her head in disbelief, even contempt.  Powers studies her agent carefully.

“What?  I think it’s a brilliant plan.  Gavin will follow me around like a little puppy doing what I need him to do.”

“And what about Gavin?  Are you going to help him any?”

“Of course!  At least, whenever it benefits me too.  That’s what alliances are about, right?  Mutual enemies and all.  The enemy of my enemy is my friend.”

“And therein lies the problem.” Aurora gently places a hand upon Aubrianna’s shoulder. “That kind of logic has been a poison, a cancer even, within the annals of professional wrestling for ages.  That kind of logic has permeated and ruined professional wrestling.  I know because I witnessed that kind of logic being utilized by my brother.  He would manipulate, use, and betray men and women in this sport all for his own gain, under the guise of ‘mutual benefits’.  But as soon as he got what he wanted, he stabbed a knife in their back.  Now it worked for my brother for a few years but need I remind you that he is now being charged for fraud, tax evasion, and other federal white collar crimes.”

“Your point?” Powers asks while rolling her eyes, clearly she doesn’t care for the advice Aurora is trying to give.

“My point is that the path you are taking is a dangerous one.  I do not want to see you end up like my brother.”

“Thank you, Yoda, but what do you suggest that I do instead?  Hmmm?”

“Earn your way to the top of SCW the right way.  Earn it through hard work and determination.  Do you want the world to believe that you are The MVP of Breakdown?  Prove it by earning victory after victory over and over again inside the squared circle.  Most importantly, Aubrianna, do not take the cheap way out.  Do not take shortcuts.”

“I appreciate your concern, little miss priss, but I think I got things under control.  I think I know what I’m doing.”

“Are you certain that you know what you’re doing?” Aurora arches her brow out of curiosity. “You could have fooled me.  You haven’t been making wise decisions so far.”

“Look, Aurora, I get what you’re doing, you think you’re looking out for my best interests...just like how my brother Steve thought he was looking out for my best interests when he gave me this same god damn lecture...but I’m going to tell you what I told him…”

==========
Charlotte, NC
June 27th, 2020
Off Camera
==========

We open in The PowersHouse Academy late at night, after hours.  The large area is empty and silent.  The lights are on but, as they say, no one is home.  Every student has gone back to their own homes to sleep and rest for the next day of training.  The equipment stands ready to be used but no one is here to use it.  There is a wrestling ring set up but yet again, no one is here to use it so it sets empty.  The only individual here at this time is Aubrianna Powers, working out and training hard.  The MVP is doing push-ups at the present time while her oldest brother, Steve Powers watches on.

“Keep going, sis.  You got this.”

“Shut...up...Steve…I...don’t...need...your...encouragement…”

The Very Best chuckles under his breath. “Just trying to help.”

“...you...can...be...helpful...by...shutting...your...damn...mouth…”

Steve sighs. “Like I said, I’m just trying to help.  I mean, we can all use some help every now and then.”

The self-proclaimed MVP stops the pushups immediately.  She hops up to her feet and approaches her brother. “And what do you know about that, huh?  Most of your career you relied on yourself.  You fought for yourself.  The few times you ever had anyone helping you was for your own selfish motivation.”

“Right, I took shortcuts.  I took the easy way out by using people.” Steve shakes his head. “I want better for you.  I want you to do it better than I did.”

“Oh for God’s sake!” Aubrianna exclaims.

“It’s true.  I know I had success as a wrestler.  I am a former world champion.  But I’m not exactly proud of how I got there.  Y’know?  I want you to get to the top of the mountain and be proud of how you got there.  That’s what I mean when I say I want better for you.”

“Bro, you did what you had to in order to get to the top of the mountain.  You did what you had in order to win championships and ultimate get inducted into the GCW Hall of Fame.  So you stepped on people on your way to the top?  Big deal!  You got to the top and that’s what is most important.”

“Our dad…”

“Our dad was an idiot.” Aubrianna states bluntly and harshly. “He wanted to play things by the book, by the rules, and look where it got him?  It got him zero exposure, no success, and ultimately an early death.  That’s not what I’m looking for, bro.  You can be ashamed of how you got here but me?  I’m not ashamed of what I have to do to get ahead of everyone else.”

The Most Valuable Powers drops down and begins to resume her pushups.  Steve Powers rolls his eyes, wondering if he’ll ever get through to his sister.

==========
July 1st, 2020
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Off Camera
==========

“...so as you can see, Aurora, I know what I’m doing.” Aubrianna Powers remarks, looking rather confident with a steely-eyed gaze at her agent.

Aurora Alan sighs and nods her head. “Fair enough.  I would also like to let you know that I have been informed of your next match in SCW.”

“Great!” Powers seems to light up upon hearing this.  She failed to win Taking Hold of the Flame despite getting a late entry and she ended up with a draw in her singles debut against Scarlet Gray.  Finally she has a chance to right the ship.  “So, what unfortunate loser do I get to slap around next week?”

“Unfortunate losers...plural…” Aurora frowns “...and they’re not losers.  They’re going to be tough competition for you, Aubrey.”

“Aubrianna!”

“Whatever...it will be you and Gavin Taylor in a tag team match against Jake Starr and Jay Gold.”



==========
On Camera
==========

“The following is paid for by The Most Valuable Friendship, to speak to you about unsettling issues in these trying times.”

Soothing, classical, piano music can be heard playing in the background.  Gold glitter can be seen descending from thin air.  The gold glitter fades away.  A few moments later Aubrianna Powers steps into full view from stage right.  She is wearing black leather pants, black boots, and a black “Aubrianna Powers” t-shirt with her logo embroidered on the front with hot pink lettering.  Her long pink tipped blonde hair hangs unrestrained to shoulder length.  A confident smirk is etched across her lovely face.

“Good evening to all of my Most Valuable Fans watching tonight!  I know you are all on the edge of your seat in anxious anticipation of the Most Valuable Knowledge I am set to impart upon your feeble little minds.  Well I am not one to keep my lovelies waiting, especially when it is on a subject as important as the one society is dealing with today….people who refuse to move on.”

“Take Jake Starr, for example.  The ignorant little twerp thinks that him and his little chairman gimmick is still trendy.  He thinks that him and his little chairee are still cool...hip…” The blonde sighs and shakes her head “...sadly, he’s horribly mistaken.  First of all, what sane man names a chair?  What sane man hits people with chairs?  That is wrong!” Powers accusingly points a finger at the camera.

“So just to stay relevant Mr. Starr brings the only friend he has, that dumbass little chair, to the ring, and starts swinging for the fences.  To stay relevant Starr sticks his nose into other people’s business.  Just to stay relevant Starr involves himself in my business as well as the business of my new associate Gavin Taylor.  Which leads me to the greatest crime the nearly irrelevant Starr has committed recently…” Powers stomps her foot on the floor like a petulant, immature, child.

“...he ruined my re-debut, damn it!” The MVP points an angry finger at the camera. “You ruined my debut in SCW!  And why?  Jealousy.  You’ve been watching the product, you’ve been watching grow and evolve while you have remained the same, stale, Jake Starr.  But me?  I am quickly on the rise.  I am The Most Valuable Star of any show currently in the world of professional wrestling.  So of course when I bring my wonderful assets and talent to SCW’s doorstep you have to retain some sense of relevance by stepping into my spotlight.”

Powers shrugs her shoulders.  “I can’t say I blame him.  I mean, who wouldn’t want to be in my awe inspiring glow?” Powers smirks knowingly with a glow upon her face. That smirk and that glow quickly turns into an angry scowl.

“But no one gets to share in my spotlight unless I allow it!  The same things goes for the other nuisance, the other little irrelevant worm who can’t seem to figure out when to quit...of course I’m talking about Jay Gold.” The MVP sighs and shakes her head. “Oh Jay, poor little Jay, you really don’t get it, do you?  No one wants to see you anymore.  Yet here you are, rushing back to Supreme Championship Wrestling hoping to relive some of the glory days of when you actually meant something.  But you’re just like Jake...you don’t matter to anyone out there in this world.  You certainly don’t matter to me, The MVP of Breakdown.  So out of jealousy you and Jake are going to try and steal the spotlight from myself and Gavin?”

The MVP smirks. “I don’t think so, losers.  You have no idea what kind of trouble you have created for yourselves by sticking your nose into OUR business.  But don’t worry, you won’t be totally irrelevant.  You and Starr will serve as an example to those watching tonight.  You will serve as a lesson because this, my friends, is a teachable moment.  And the lesson to be taught is learn when to quit, learn when to walk away, and never ever steal the spotlight from The Most Valuable Powers.  Because you are irrelevant now and all you can do is learn to love it, bitches.”

Aubrianna turns and walks away.  The gold glitter returns as the scene fades.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Concerns (2)

Powers Curse

Meeting